Looking for the best egg brands? Here are the best brands to try according to a poll run in mom’s groups in the San Francisco Bay Area (Sunnyvale Moms and Santa Clara County Product Finds for Moms groups).
Things you should know about eggs:
- Kirkland Signature Organic Large Brown Eggs, Cage-Free from Costco
- Vital Farms are pasture-raised eggs
- Happy Egg Company are free-range eggs
- What are the differences between white and brown eggs?
There are not any nutritional differences. White eggs are laid by chickens with white feathers, and brown eggs are laid by chickens with red feathers. When dying Easter Eggs, white eggs will appear lighter (more pastel), after being dyed. Brown eggs will have a richer color.
- Are free-range and pasture-raised eggs better?
Free-range and pasture-raised chickens usually have more diverse diet, their eggs are often bigger, therefore more expensive. The chickens who lay the eggs may have better lives. Although the details of these certifications do not ensure this.
- Is the difference between egg yolk colors important?
The color of the yolk does not affect an egg’s nutritive value; however, it affects the flavor of the egg.
If you are searching for orange yolk, try Hairloom Fresh (Blue and Brown), store brand.
Information is based on the following sources: